Learning with head, hands and heart
What makes Tirana English School unique among all the schools in Albania is our dedication to designing an all-inclusive program that focuses on the needs of a growing child. Every day there are creative activities that inspire, academics to strengthen the child’s speaking, reading and writing skills, and physical activities that includes rock climbing, gymnastics, active movement, and group games. It is our goal and desire that each day the child is engaged, challenged, and growing in a healthy and proper way.
- Taught by American and International staff with backgrounds in early childhood education.
- Low teacher to student ratio, 1 teacher to 6 students.
- Individual attention, we work with the children one on one everyday on literacy and math.
- Character building: We help the children learn proper manners, positive and constructive social skills (sharing, caring, and respect).
- We see parents as partners and we work with each family individually to provide the best nurturing environment for their children.
- We are invested in early childhood literacy; we have on site over 400 children’s books, word puzzles, and reading games.
- Our program is project- and discovery-based.
- Arts and crafts are an important part of our curriculum. Every day, centered on our weekly theme the children have an opportunity to make a craft, paint, draw or model with play-dough.
- Our group time is interactive, designed for each child to actively participate.
- Afternoon sports program includes rock climbing, gymnastics, active movement and active group games.
Programs for the 2015-2016 School Year
Full Day Program: Monday to Thursday 8.00 to 16.00, Friday 8.00 to 14.00
Half Day Program: Monday to Friday 8.00 to 12.30
Please contact us if you would like your child to start part-time.
School year: September 7, 2015 to June 24, 2016
9.00 to 10.00- Circle Time
10.00 to 10.15- Snack
10.15 to 11.00- Art studio and group projects
11.00 to 11.30- Library time Literacy/Fine motor skill workshop
11.30 to 12.00- Discovery Stations
12.00 to 12.30- lunch
12.30 to 12.45- Clean up
12.45 to 13.00- Pick up
13.00 to 14.30- Quiet time
14.30 to 15.30- Sports
15.30 to 15.45- Snack
15.45 to 16.00- Pickup
At Tirana English School we serve a warm lunch everyday including two snacks, snack in the morning and snack in the afternoon. Our lunch include local favorites and international cuisines such as meatloaf and quiche. All meals include fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables. See here for our monthly menu.
Discovery Station Weekly Schedule
(Fine Motor Skills)
Lena (Box), Beads, Magna Doodle, Lacing Cards, Marble Tick, Tracing, Cutting
3D Puzzle, Animal Puzzles, City Puzzles, Floor Puzzle (find it), Numbers & Shapes Puzzles
Hospital, Kitchen, Toolbox, Shopping, Dress Up, Animals
Playdough, Rice Bin, Kinetic Sand, Water Table, Sand Box
LEGOS, Foam Blocks, Mega Blocks, K’NEX, Crystal Climbers
Afternoon Sports Weekly Schedule
Crawling, climbing, hopping, jumping, balancing
Musical chairs, Simon Says, Merry Go-Round, Frisbee, T-Ball
Tumble, Stretching, Gymnastics
Creative Movement, Zumba, Follow the Rhythm
Note to Parents:
Discovery stations are structured “grouped-based play” led by teachers. Typical time for station play is 30 to 40 minutes. The goal with discovery stations is for children to explore each station progressively and develop their own unique play. For new stations, children are grouped by 3s and 4s until they get familiar with the stations. TES will periodically rotate the stations and introduce new stations. On a typical day, we present 4 to 5 stations with the exception of playdough where we have over 10 pounds of playdough for all the children to share.
Afternoon Sports is focused on developing the children’s gross motor skills, team work, and good sportsmanship. All activities are instructor-led and last 30 to 40 minutes. When possible, we will conduct the class outdoors. At TES, we feel active sports is an excellent opportunity to help children develop prosocial skills. For some children they have a much easier time sharing and following instructions when it comes to active games, and these afternoon programs are an excellent opportunity for them play, learn and grow. Note: There is no afternoon sport on Fridays.
Please visit our Facebook page if you would like to see what we do everyday.